Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Wednesday Morning

7:00am Wednesday Morning

I have the water canner set up and waiting for the water to get hot so I can start making the strawberry preserves this morning. Got the food processor out and finely chopped the strawberries, for me it works so much faster than mashing with a potato masher but use what you have on hand. I should make about 14 to 15 jelly jars of preserves today. The strawberries from Aldis this week are from California and they are so huge!! And taste wonderful. I may end up buying more before the week is over.. they are as I mentioned earlier a little pricier than Krogers but now that I've tried them and I know how nice they are I doubt I'll stop at Krogers.

Today after I get the canning done, everything cleaned back up will be going to the library to pick up DVD's. I talked to my sister last night and she gave me the name of 2 authors she's been enjoying one I had been reading but took a break from the other J.D. Ward has two series I haven't read yet. So I'll be ordering those this spring/summer and saving my books that I own for winter reading when I can't get out in the snowy weather. Which is frugal and safer to stay home during the icy snowy weather.

Anna

1 comment:

  1. I ended up with a dozen jelly jars of preserves and 7 pints of preserves from 8 lbs. of strawberries.. we won't even go into how many cups of sugar LOL!

    ReplyDelete