Saturday, April 12, 2014

Frugal Saturday April 12, 2014

Had my neighbor/friend fix my car.  It needed a Serpentine belt replaced on it.  He did it the same day that I ask and didn't want to take any money, in fact when I insisted he gave half of it back which I gave back to him and told him to buy his Mom some new lawn chairs so she and I can sit outside on the patio like we used to before a storm hit, knocked over her old table, bent the umbrella and shattered the glass on the table.

So for $50 I got my car fixed plus he checked the oil and said we were 4 quarts low OMG!!! I had bought 2 quarts today but will have to go back tomorrow and get two more.  The $50 it cost me that much for a diagnostic test for my truck a cpl. months ago at a auto repair place.  Not to fix it just to tell me what was wrong.

So I was able to help out a friend and still got good service at a reasonable price.

All meals from home today.. dh tried to tempt me into buying fast food but I stuck to my guns and served food we had on hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment