Monday, April 7, 2014

Monday April 7, 2014 Product Recommendations For Food Storage

As most of you who know me know.. I try very hard to Buy Made In The USA products whenever I can.

I was at Walmarts recently, they have 2 brands of canning jars.. I forget the one brands name but it makes it sound like All American cute square jars.  They were also cheaper than Ball brand.  I put two of them in my cart, went across the store for groceries and got to thinking.. wonder where they are made?  CHINA!  They were also a dollar or so cheaper than Ball brand but.. so back I went across the store and bought the Ball brand instead.  I know with Ball that my jars are going to last for years and years and I'm supporting American Workers.

I was recently ask for a recommendation on freezer containers.  This is the brand I would recommend most, they too have been around for a long time and are Made In The USA.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1445597

I do not recommend heating any plastic container in the microwave due to the plastic particles leaching into your food.  What I do is turn the container upside down, run some hot water on it enough to loosen it from it's sides and bottom, then put in a glass casserole dish (Corningware Made In The USA) and heat in the microwave.  Or let it sit out and thaw, put in a Pyrex (Made In The USA) measuring cup (large) and heat in the microwave.

I'm thinking this year for Christmas my adult family members are going to get themed Made In The USA products.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment