Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tuesdays Frugal Dinner

Morningstar Veggie Burgers.. bought at GFS (Gordon Food Service) 15 count pkg. about $16 I think so avg. a little over a dollar each.  I used 3 for tonight.. dh likes his dbl. burger and I like a single.  I want to mention that GFS their Morningstar Burgers are twice the size of the ones you buy at the grocery store, so a very good bargain for the money.  I am also serving crinkle cut french fries (Aldi's) $1.99 a pkg. I usually get about 3 different meals out of the fries so cost avg. I'm going to say a little less than 75 cents for a meal.  Provolone Cheese, ketchup and mustard for toppings on hamburger buns I got on clearance for 79 cents, will use 3 the rest will go in the freezer for another meal.

Dessert?  Ice cream with my homemade pineapple preserves, fresh strawberries and choc. syrup topping.

Meal for 2 adults:  Roughly $6 I would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment