Monday, April 7, 2014

Frugal Monday April 7th, 2014

Today I am baking a carrot cake that I bought the mix from Aldi's for $1.99.  It has carrots and raisins in it already which is convenient and cost effective since I didn't have 2 buy 2 extra ingredients to make it.  It's a good staple to keep in your long term storage, the exp. date is not till April 2015.  So in the winter months here in Ohio when there is 10 feet of snow on the ground (kidding but seems like it sometimes) and you want something sweet but don't want to go out or gather ingredients to make it's all in one box.. gotta like that.

I will also be going to Aldi's as soon as the oven preheats and I get the cake in.  Cake takes half hour to bake, I need to buy 4 items and Aldi's is less than a 3 minute drive from my house so it should all be good.

Dinner today will be:

Rigatoni with Turkey Meatballs
Salad
Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment