Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tuesday April 8,2014

Today's frugal is making more strawberry preserves this morning and possibly some pears.  We had really high winds most of the night here and I'm a little tired this morning so may not get to the pears till later.

Todays dinner plans are baked chicken, corn and a carrot cake for dessert.

Forgot to mention I also packed up a bag of dog food into half gallon jars, used some Ball jars and recycled large pickle jars.  The girls have about a months worth of food "canned" up.  I try to keep stocked up for emergencies need more jars.  I would ideally like to have at least 6 months worth of food for them.  While we are blessed with my husband having a good job with a company that has been in business close to 50 years we do worry what will happen to the company when the owner passes away.  I believe he is in his late 80's and is still active in the company right now but his kids show no real interest in the company so the future is a little unclear so planning ahead is important.  My husband was in the hospital last year and off work for 6 weeks and it was really tough financially so I am trying very hard to save money and keep stocked up for these kinds of things.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment