Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thursday

This week has been busy as usual.  Our friend Dallas has been over several times this week working on our shed.. we had rats in there though fortunately none seem to be in there now.  They did some serious damage to the particle board walls so Dallas fixed those up and dug up around the outside foundation put in aluminum flashing 50 feet and then shored it up with cement blocks (the big ones) so hopefully no critters will get back in.  He also worked on my downspout, there was a huge bird's next in there that he removed but now we have discovered a honeybee nest up there.. groovy!  So I have to go and get bee spray and Dallas will go back up and spray the hive.  I hate to do that with bee's becoming endangered but they will eventually move into the roof and walls and then we'll have structural issues.

Dallas will be back over tomorrow if it doesn't rain to do a major tune up on my truck, it wouldn't start the other day so he's changing the oil, spark plugs, ignition switch module and ???? can't remember what else.

Frugal on all these is because we are friends he charges us a very small fee to do all this work.  Next up is fixing my kitchen pipes.

I am blessed to have a job to help pay for these extra expenses.

I am working this morning on apples I picked from my tree the other day.. picked 2 five gallon buckets, didn't weigh them though.  I gave one bucket to Wanda (she accidentally burned her apple butter) and am canning mine here in a little bit.

I have clothes hanging on the clothesline, peaceful day here in the holler.  Dh is taking tomorrow off work to spend the day with me, thinking of going to the Millersport Corn Festival.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment