Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Hitting the Pavement For Charity

Today I donated my time and energy to going to local businesses for donations for our raffle fund at the 5k Cat Caper on Sept. 21st.  I got either gift cards or services for subs, meals and even 5 half hour massages from a Chiropractor totalling around $400 in pledges or gift cards so far.  That is so awesome that there are so many people who care about the cats and our shelter.  I still have more businesses I want to contact but it'll have to be later this week and next week as I'll be going back to work.  All the businesses were so incredibly nice to me.. I did not get one No.  I even got a free lunch from one sub shop in addition to the gift cards.

Unfrugal is I stopped at Krogers, bought a whole chicken for the girls, came home and forgot it was in the car trunk all afternoon in the sun.. had to throw it out so I lost $5 today.  I was talking to dh on the cell phone when I pulled in the drive, came in talking to him, doodled around the house and took a nap.

So... sigh!  Had to go to Aldi's for more chicken after dinner, girls got stuck eating our leftover spaghetti for dinner till I could get over there.

Two friends of mine who own businesses also donated to the Cat Caper in goods or gift certificates.  Thank you to Barb and Terri.


Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment