Friday, June 5, 2015

This Weeks Frugals

Today I went back to Dollar Tree.. I wanted to get all the cans of pears they had.  Well apparently they don't restock very often because they only had the two cans I didn't buy because the were dented since I plan to eat them right away it's not a big thing but hope they get more in.  I also bought more of those plastic envelope things that you store paperwork in, 2 in a pack for dollar versus I've been buying at Krogers 89 cents each.  The other day I took some of the purple gift wrap paper the store gave me and cut it down into neater pieces still plenty big enough for wrapping a book, a small box, socks etc. in and put them in one of those plastic folders so they are nice and tidy when we need them.  I'll do more with the new folders.

Today I also went to Petco bought the dogs food and bought a $10 gift certificate.  I plan to do this weekly so I have it put back for hard times.  I plan to buy another card at Krogers tomorrow I'm not sure if the Kroger cards are double or not will have to check but will either buy a Kroger card or maybe buy a card for my sister's birthday in October.. she likes Kohls a certain brand of jeans they carry and she likes to buy herself a top or something off their clearance racks so that will be her birthday gift.  I bought her Bob Evans for Christmas so she could buy herself a special lunch they ended up using it as a family dinner so will buy her one for the family this year instead.

 A little at a time so I won't have to buy them all at once at the holidays and if we fall on hard times I know it's taken care of.

Lunch/Dinner today:  My husband wanted a Little Caesar pizza so he had half for lunch, half for dinner.  I bought a burritto at Taco Bell.  For dinner I turned in my free Ind. pizza coupons for Donatos and then bought us each a ice cream cone from Dairy Queen.  So total we spent $11 today for lunch, dinner and dessert.  Unfrugal but worth every dime.  I bought the dogs 1 small bouncy ball from Dollar Tree for $1.00.  Cocoa and Sugar chased it around the yard for about 3 minutes before Cocoa bit it and poof all the air went out of it.. they continued to play with it even deflated.  I bought a hoola hoop for a dollar they had no interest in it at all so it'll go across the fence to the little boys next door.

Stock Up:  I bought a 3 pack of bubblegum for my food storage.  Smoking vapor cigarettes you have to be able to charge them back up.  If we have a power outage I won't be able to charge them.  They say you can in your car but only if your car is running so that really isn't a option.  So the bubblegum will be my back up plan.  I also have a bag of cigarette tobacco and tubes that are unopened from when I smoked if I got desperate I could fall back on that temporarily if I got really desperate.  I also bought a bag of flavored hard tack candy different fruity taste to put in my stock up bag.  Next plan is another bag of cough drops.. I had some in there already used some when I had a cold in January always handy to have those when you are sick and don't want to go out to get them.  I also plan to buy more of the dinner napkins.. they had some thin ones that to me werent' really sturdy enough for dinner napkins but for hankies perfect size and weight.  So I'll be going to the thrift store sometime this weekend hoping they are still there.

I also donated to charity:  While I don't have a lot of extra money I donated $5 to the shelter in NC who are helping the dog Caitlin that her owner had taped her mouth shut for 3 days with electrical tape.  The money will go to help their medical bills for helping her and other dogs.  Our local shelter Capital Area Humane Society were in need of canned cat and dog food.  I sent them a check for $5 instead of driving there about 3 miles each way and taking time out of my schedule to do it.  That way they can buy whatever brand they need the most and possibly get a discount because they are a non profit.


Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment