Monday, June 8, 2015

This Weeks Frugals

I continue each week to buy gift cards from Krogers mostly to get the double fuel points and build up our emergency "cash" supply in case we have a financial hardship.  Kroger cards are good for at least a year so will rotate them eventually.  Also continue while they are doing the dbl. fuel perks to buy GC's for gift giving as well.  I bought a gift card from Petco since Krogers doesn't sell them (why?) for emergency hardship so we can still feed our dogs.  My Rottweiler is allergic to corn so I have to buy her food at Petco and it's $40 a bag.  They all sneak into each others food bowls so it would not be a good idea to give different food to each dog.  So the gift cards will be saved for hard times.  Hopefully there won't be any but a medical issue can really mess up your plans in a hurry and I'll feel better knowing we won't be without some of the things we need.  While I keep a pantry and stock up there are always things you will need to buy at some point.  Krogers cards can be used for gas for the vehicles, medications for us and the dogs and of course for food.

My garden is doing wonderful and so are my cherry tree's this year though it looks like the one in the back yard is about done.  The cherry tree in the front yard is a full sized Bing Cherry tree this is the first year it has produced cherries.. Yay! but dang it most of the cherries are so high in the tree I can't reach them LOL!

I have managed to get about a half quart frozen and hope to get a few more to make jam with..will have to add other fruits but I am proud that part of it came from my garden.

I also went to the thrift store this weekend and bought more cloth dinner napkins.. thinner ones that cost 59 cents each and I will use for hankies this winter when flu season hits.  I can't stand paper napkins they tear my nose up no matter how premoistend they say they are and soft on the nose blah blah.. after a day of using them my nose is raw and sore.  I will keep adding more of these dinner napkins to my supply so that both dh and I will have a good stock up if we need them.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment