Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Tuesday~Organizing

I have had the last 4 days off from work so I spent some time at home cleaning and organizing.  I finally unearthed the surface of my kitchen table that I use mostly as my office station.  My husband has a hard time standing for very long so now he should be able to sit at the kitchen table while doing food prepping when I'm not home.

I also took 2 plastic shoe boxes and repurposed them for the chest freezer.  I labeled one "cooked hamburger" since I have been cooking lbs. of hamburger (chicken burger) and freezing for future quick meals.  I cook the burger, cool it down and put it in freezer bags that I write on with a marker the date it was cooked.  This turns in to sloppy joes, taco meat, meat for spaghetti, etc. but it was getting lost in the chest freezer.  Now it has a home.  I also took another one and unearthed 2 ham bones with meat, put those in the shoe box and wrote on the top of the box "ham bones" so they also now have a home.  I love having a second freezer but things really get lost in there.. I found a whole uncooked chicken in there yesterday I had no idea I even had.  I'll be cleaning and repurposing more of my shoe boxes over the next week to round up more "loose" meats in there and make it more tidy.  I have pepperoni, salami, bacon that I could see that needed boxes.  I also found a plastic fron loading bin like this one except yellow:

http://www.amazon.com/Akro-Mils-8212-Stacking-AkroBins-Hardware/dp/B00002NB5I/ref=lp_2422435011_1_6/185-2628249-1518326?s=storageorganization&ie=UTF8&qid=1434548369&sr=1-6

That I bought at the thrift store for some reason.. it was just hanging around in the basement.  I dusted it off, put it in my upright freezer and things that I had frozen flat like bananas, strawberries, cookie dough.. all got put in it standing upright so I was able to "corral" more things that were unorganized in the freezer.  This will help me in knowing what I have in the freezer better.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment