Friday, June 19, 2015

Today

Turned out to not be frugal but part of why I am frugal to be prepared for those times when I can't be as frugal as I want:

My dog Cocoa featured here on my profile picture.. we were playing frisbee last night and she broke a toenail completely off to the quick.  Emergency trip to the Vet as I didn't know if that was all or if she'd. broken her foot (she was holding her foot up in the air and was in pain).  Antibiotics, pain meds and a new boot for her to wear outside while the toenail heals.. $105.00 trip Ouch!

Last night in looking at my emergency supplies discovered I didn't have everything I needed:  No peroxide, very little neosporin.  So today.. Dollar Tree big bottle of Peroxide, 60 ct. pkg. of antibiotic wipes, Family Dollar Neosporin, travel pack of plastic bottles including a spray bottle to mix Peroxide and water to spray on wounds.  Gel Packs that I put in the freezer (Dollar Tree).  So got a few things that were missing in my emergency supplies.

Next week I will need to buy more baby aspirin.

So go through your supplies.. look at what is missing and address it immediately.  Emergencies aren't preplanned as was the case last night with Cocoa.  Fortunately my friend and neighbor had peroxide to borrow and I am blessed to have neighbors to depend on for those little things.. returned the favor tonight when they need half a cup of flour.

Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment