Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wednesday

More frugals on Tuesday:

As I mentioned in the previous post yesterday I didn't have any powdered pectin.  I tried to save time and money called Lowes they still don't have their canning supplies in.  Called Ace Zettler Hardware theirs was $5.99 a box (WHAT?) you gotta be kidding me on that price!  Called the nearest Krogers to me, they don't carry canning supplies at all.  So sigh! bit the bullet and drove to the Graceland Krogers (about a 2 mile drive) and found they had their Kroger brand powdered pectin on sale $1.59 a box normal price is $1.79 a box.  I bought 10 boxes!  I am just tired of not having enough or the right kind for a recipe when I'm feeling creative so I bought enough to last awhile.  Also frugal was I bought nothing else but what I went in for.

I am working today so I won't have the time or energy to make my jelly today but hopefully tomorrow.  My dd is coming up this weekend so need to work on dusting up the house, mopping the floors etc. tomorrow too.

All meals from home this week.. dh wanted veggie burgers for dinner last night.  I had left over tuna casserole.  Tonight he will make a frozen Tombstone pizza for dinner and I'll have more leftover tuna.  I love that stuff so not suffering from food boredom.

All bills have been paid on time this week and money put into the savings account as we try to reach our goal of saving enough money for a down payment on a new vehicle.  We aren't sure yet if we will do a lease or buy new.  We're leaning to a lease since we don't put a lot of miles on our vehicles.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment