Thursday, May 8, 2014

Frugal Find Thursday Afternoon

I went to the store I work for which as I think I've mentioned sells in bulk.  I was looking at a big box of mini pancakes we had marked down in our clearance section,  original price $25 marked down to $10.  It had 24 pkgs. of 45 ct. each.. way too many for us though I did think about sharing with my neighbors.  A co worker was there and said she'd. looked at the box too but it was too much for her and her 2 daughters too.  We decided to share the cost.  I used my employee discount and a coupon $6 off any $60 purchase... we are allowed to use both on a order.  We split the box and it cost us $4 each for 12 pkgs. each... we'll have pancakes for a long time!!  I looked at a single serve box similiar at Aldi's.. almost $4 for one little pkg.  Quite a savings for both of us.  Communication with my co workers is going to be key in the future on big box deals like this though right now it would be hard to even fit a mouse in my deep freezer (blessings).

I also started my winter stock up plan.. I bought 4 5 lb. cans of chili beans, 1 5 lb. can of diced tomatoes, 1 5 lb. can of peaches. will continue to do that weekly by winter I will have my entire winter season stocked up so no big cans of anything or boxes of anything to carry in the house.  Will also be doing the same with dog food.  And of course, should a natural disaster strike as it has in the past here.. I have plenty of ready made food to see us through.  Same with a financial disaster.  I'll be stocking bulk size cans of canned meats too.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment