Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thursday Frugal Shopping

I didn't save huge but did save $5.08 with my discounts.  And of course price comparison to other stores I saved a lot that way too.  I noted details on the laundry detergent because I had no idea they even put formaldehyde in detergent, yuck!  This detergent should last us about 3 months I would guess at least.

The wings is enough for at least 2 complete meals, gotta account for the bone weight in that one.  Dh will cook these for us on Saturday evening along with some of the corn on the cob, the rest will be for a meal during the week.. I'm thinking baked chicken, corn on the cob and cole slaw.



4 lbs. of Buffalo Chicken Wings.. uncooked $8.99
1 bag of corn $3.59
Pepsi 3 for $9.00
120 ct. trash bags $3.59
10 lbs. of sugar $4.31

170 oz. of Natural Detergent ECOS Free and Clear Brand 85 standard loads, 170 HE Loads.  [B]$8.99[/B] This is a earth friendly produce Formaldehyde Free, Free Surfactants, PH Balanced, 1, 4 Dioxane Free Made with Coconut Oil.

I also picked up flowers for dh to take to his parents and uncles grave.. for 3 graves $13 at Dollar General and it included one wreath that said "Hero" on the banner which I've never seen before.  His one uncle died in the Korean War at age 17.  We are the only ones alive now to remember the sacrifice he made for his country although dh never met him, he died before dh was born.

Anna

4 comments:

  1. I love ECOS! I mix it half with dishsoap to hand wash dishes. I use it in my dishwasher too. I hope you love it as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie for the heads up.. I have never used it before, it was a impulse buy (they had it at the end cap of the register LOL) but it seems like a really good bargain and of course with my skin allergies I like that its fragrance and dye free.

      Delete
  2. You know I understand all about allergies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes and a good source to go to when I need info. like that. We demo'd. a new cleaning product yesterday called Parsley Plus. It's a spray cleaner for everyday cleaning. I brought a sample home to try in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete