Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday

Yesterdays shopping strategy didn't go exactly as planned with the couponing and employee discounts.  I need to start taking a calculator with me.  I was trying to get enough in my cart to equal $75 to get the $15 off your purchase of $75 or more.  Sigh!  I ended up after the discounts with a purchase total of $100 and then had to go back after I realized I had forgot 2 things were on my shopping list.  So I spent $120 and saved $29.00.  While we will use all the items purchased and some went in to my winter stock up cabinet, gotta do better at figuring out what the total price is in my shopping cart LOL!  Another comforting thought is the winter stock up is going good, less heavy items I'll have to try to carry through the snow this winter, less trips out and preparing for any financial or natural disaster with having ready made items in stock.

Frugal today is paying 4 bills ahead of their due date Yay!  I'm so thankful for my job and the ability to stay ahead of the game on the bills, no late fee's.

Yesterday's plan delayed me putting more money into the savings account for our car fund but will do better next week.

Frugal today?  Will be making pizza's at home for dinner tonight, dh will have them ready when I get home.

Anna

2 comments:

  1. Do you carry a cell phone? It might have a calculator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie.. my phone is so small I know there is a calculator on there but handling it thru the store I would likely drop the darn thing, it's so old and on it's last leg. I just need to try to remember to buy a small calculator to keep in my purse.. the one from home is super big, old and grungy looking LOL! Hard to clean even with a Qtip in between those little grooves in it. No one but me looks at it so till it dies I'll keep using it.

    ReplyDelete