Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday

Today so far my frugal is cooking 2 whole chickens 95 cents a lb. on the stove top and will be deboning here in a bit.  This will be my dogs food toppings for the next 7 or 8 days.  I also save the broth as they love it in their dry food too.. no food goes to waste.  And it's so much healthier for them than buying nasty canned dog food, ick!  That stuff smells bad, looks bad and when it comes out the other end smells even worse.. mystery meat.

Dh is off work today, has a doctor appt. so we're just hanging out here at home today.  Its a beautiful day outside Yay!

Yesterday was a little more organization day:  I have a lot of hot peppers left from last summer in the deep freezer, handy for quick freezing was using freezer bags but they do tend to jumble up the freezer.  I have been buying a little at a time freezer containers (Made In The USA) and yesterday I took 2 freezer bags of stuff out and rehomed them into the proper freezer containers so less chance of being attacked when you open the deep freezer and stuff starts sliding out.  These containers purchased at Meijers Dept. Store are all $2.29 smaller ones have more containers, larger less but very affordable and designed for the deep freezer. I can't remember what the brand name is but they have been around at least the last 20 plus years.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment