Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tuesday

I missed posting yesterday meant to do it last night then we had a power failure in the neighborhood till 11:30pm last night.

Not much frugal yesterday ran errands, scheduled everything including a refill of meds for one of my dogs at the Vet's office all in a direct route saving time and money.

Frugal last night was being prepared when the electric went out.  I keep my flashlights in the same place, always.. so was able to go directly to where they were at and use them.  I have one flashlight that has truly been a very frugal investment.  It looks sort of like a lamp with a handle it's a LED flashlight.  I hesitated on the price back then, bought at Walmarts for $15 but that flashlight has lasted over 3 years, it lights up a whole room and we have not had to change out the battery.  During one outage that last almost a week we used it every day.  I am definitely going to buy another one soon at BatteriesPlus, I think last time I looked they are now up to $24 but well worth the money.

I was going to make Candy Apple Jelly today but in looking at my recipe realized it calls for powdered pectin and all I have is liquid.  Pooh!

Anna

2 comments:

  1. I need to find and buy a flashlight like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie

    Here is the newer version of the one I have.

    http://www.eveready.com/lighting-products/Pages/area-lights.aspx

    ReplyDelete