Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tuesday

Frugal yesterday was getting 40 cents off a gallon using my Giant Eagle perks card brought gas down to $3.12 a gallon.

Also yesterday I went to Goodwill and found 4 polo type tops for work.. $17.00.  Much better than the price I paid for one shirt at Target last week when I started my new job $15.00.

Todays frugal so far is I am cooking a chicken (organic) I got on clearance yesterday at Krogers for us and our dogs.  I will freeze most of it for later meals.  I have a second one in the refrigerator I bought on Sunday that I will cook once the first one is done (my pot isn't big enough for 2).  I am boiling them and then deboning when they have cooled down.

This weekend a meal option will be BBQ chicken sandwiches with coleslaw instead of caving in after working all day and buying fast food. Love the job but the standing on your feet all day is hard on my back, legs and feet which leaves me unmotivated to do anything but Veg out on the couch when I get home. Having meals ready for the microwave will be the way our future.  I will be working a lot of hours the last 2 weeks of this month and the first week of June as we cater to the needs of the high school grad. crowd.

More frugals today is thawing out now 2 lbs. of turkey burger, will fry them later today with onions and freeze one of the 2 lbs. for later use.  These will be added to Rigatoni meals.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment