Friday, May 8, 2015

How to test expired baking powder

I found 2 containers of unopened baking powder in my cabinet.  One exp. in 2012, the other exp. in 2014.  I didn't know if they were still good or not so I ask on one of my groups if anyone knew how to tell.

I got this website link and after doing the test, Yay! The one from 2014 is still good.  I threw the 2012 one out as it is 3 years or more older.

I want to make homemade flaky biscuits and not have to buy special flours or Bisquick mix so the recipe I have (very old from one of the original hard back books given to folks who bought the old General Electric Food Processors) that will allow me to really make these from scratch.  One of the biscuit recipes is called White Lightning.


http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-test-if-baking-soda-or-baking-powder-is-expired-tips-from-the-kitchn-111759


Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment