Friday, May 1, 2015

$29 A Week Food Challenge Part I

A hollywood celebrity took on the challenge of trying to eat on a budget of $29 for a week as I guess most people who live on food stamps get a average of $29 per person per week to live on. She failed on Day 4.

It got me to thinking about if I could do it. I was able to get 13 meals with 62 cents left and I need to tweak it to see if I can find a meal for that 62 cents. I did a lot of repeat foods and would like to have seen more variety to the menu and I had to assume that they had some of the basic things in their pantry like flour. 

The meals have to not only be filling but have to be nutritious somewhat as well. I did my menu mostly from Aldi's.

Anyone else want to take on the challenge?

If so, please state what state you are in and what grocery stores you based it on and how much each item cost so we have a better idea of where to shop, what to look for etc.

Oh and we have to assume they live in a apt. type setting or don't have access to a area to grow fruits or vegetables. Foraging might be o.k. to list.. I know if I didn't have my fruit tree's my neighbors do and I could ask for apples for free. So if you actually have a real life situation where you could get free fruit post that and what you did with it fresh. Again, the average folks out there don't can like many of us do.. very sad wish there were free classes to teach this skill.
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment