Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Frugals This Week

Yesterday I went a little nuts.  My bil told me Meijers sells every day vegetable plants 4 for $1.00.  WHAT!!!  I called Meijers yesterday before driving the 7 miles to their store.  Yep, they are cheap.. but $1.29 for a plat of 4 prices went up a bit.  I madly dashed to my truck, broke the speed limits getting there and threw as many as I could in my cart.. not really counting just picking Early Girl, Big Boy, Rutgers, and some Habanero peppers.  Got to the register.. "that'll be $30.00.  Sigh!  I wasn't putting them back but that was way more than what I planned to spend or get.  So came home, dropped off the plants then went to Lowes and got 10 bags of Topsoil and 3 bags of good dirt for veggie plants.  Came home, got out all my big plant containers.. 10 gallon each at least in size, these I found at the curb of one of my neighbors several years ago, FREE.  I planted 22 plants yesterday.  Oh the Topsoil, I filled the pots up halfway with Topsoil, then the rest I put the good soil on top.  I still have more little plants out there waiting to be planted, will probably do that tomorrow on my day off.

I also had a coupon for Family Dollar $5 off a $25 purchase.  I had coupons for some of the items I planned to purchase.  So I saved $8 with the coupons, dang it still ended up spending $25 but got some stock up items that we are always running out of.

Today I researched online at Allrecipes.com and found a No Rise Pizza Crust recipe so I can start making our own pizza crust instead of buying it from a bakery.. should save me about $10 a month making my own.  The only ingredient I don't have here is active dry yeast will pick up some packets at Aldi's.

I have a wedding anniversary to attend the end of this month at a fancy golf club.  I needed a new dress to wear.  I saved all my work outfits from back when I worked as a receptionist.  So I shopped in my storage tub and found a very nice (one of several) skirt and matching top outfit, just need to run it through the dryer with a wet wash rag and a fabric softener sheet and we are good to go.  Savings at least $15 even buying at a thrift store.. yay!!

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment