Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday

Frugals today?

My rain barrel is overflowing, took rain water in a 5 gallon bucket and mopped my floors.  I used 2 5 gallon buckets to mop with total.

Krogers had a lot of reduced/clearance items.

I bought 6 lbs. of chicken burger marked half price.  Today I will be making taco's for dinner, tomorrow will be meatloaf.  I will freeze the rest to use later.

I also got organic chicken breast marked down, will use these instead of whole chickens for the dogs meals this week.  Same price as the whole chickens but chicken breast is a lot easier to cook than cooking the whole chicken and deboning it.

Got organic banana's marked down to 44 cents a lb. verus 59 cents a lb. for regular store banana's.  I eat 1 to 2 banana's a day especially on the days I work.

Got a bag of lettuce for the tacos on clearance 99 cents versus 1.99 regular priced.  Geez!  that stuff has really went up in price.  I buy a large bag of spring lettuce mix at my store for $3 but I wanted crunchy lettuce for the tacos so this will work.

Resisted the urge to go to the thrift store.  I need something from there but couldn't remember what it was so till I remember will stay out and away from the temptation of buying aimlessly.


I think that's about it so far today.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment