Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thursday~Being Prepared

Another day of working night shift so this morning I baked boxed chicken in the oven after baking 2 dozen cookies, Sugar Cookie and Choc. Chip.  Also will be heating leftover Mac/Cheese in a few minutes.  Add a canned veggie and dinner is ready for dh when he gets home from work today.  And dinner for me when I get in.

We are experiencing icy rain right now supposed to warm up and turn to rain later today.  Last night after I got off work, stopped and filled my truck up with gas so I don't have to do it in the bad weather today.  I was on a little over 1/4 of a tank.  Doing laundry this morning so if we would loose power we have clean clothes and extra blankets.  I went in to work a few minutes early yesterday and bought Pepsi while it was on sale 3 for $9, left it in work till I clocked out so it wouldn't freeze.  Today I will buy a 5 lb. can of Northern Beans and make a big pot of beans this weekend with cornbread.

Next week one of our meals will be leftover chicken and noodles from Monday's dinner this week.  Trying to stay focused on the meal planning.

Today for lunch I will make a sub, eat half for lunch today, half for tomorrow's lunch.

Last week I bought 3 premade frozen pizza crust which dh will make a pizza tomorrow night, I will make a sub for myself when I get off work or during the day tomorrow and heat when I come home. We are saving about a $100 a month by not buying pizza at a restaurant.  Pizza sauce I buy at work 5 lb. can for about $5 I think maybe a little less.  It will last over a month.

Oh and I have been going back to some of my frugal and Preparedness sites and catching up on post to continue staying focused on the goal of living frugally.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment