Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Wednesday

Not a lot particularly frugal going on lately.  Our new SUV Honda CRV is continuing to save us money by using less gas than our other vehicles.  With Kroger fuel points, we filled it up for $14 this week and with dh driving it to and from work only will last us at least 2 weeks.  Wish we could afford a second one.

Frugal is staying focused on meal planning.  I am working evening/night shift this week and the next 2 which means making meals in the morning so dh has dinner when he comes home and when I get off work and home around 8:30pm and sure don't feel like trying to cook something for myself that late in the evening.  Yesterday we had spicy sausage sort of like Brats, sliced up and fried with assorted color bell peppers and served over rice.

This morning I have just cooked Rigatoni noodles which I will drain and put in a  Corningware casserole pan and top with Spaghetti Sauce and Cheese.  Dh can heat and serve when he gets home, I will put a second serving for myself in another container for when I get home.

So staying focused instead of ordering or picking up fast food will save us money, stress and time during this cold winter month.

My darling new puppy is chewing up one of my chairs, sigh!  So I bought fabric last week at Walmarts $6 something a yard and am patching up her tears till hopefully she gets past this stage.. GRRR!!  We have not had a pup do this in 20 years.  Our first dog did this, it was separation anxiety but the puppy we have now does it when we're home so not sure what her problem is.. Bad Doggy!

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment