Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thursday

Today is my day off.

Frugal so far:

The 25 lb. bag of flour I bought last week at my store $9 I am packaging up into quart canning jars with 2 bay leafs in each bag to kill any weevils that might hatch in it.  I save my lids from previous canning jobs and am using those with the caps to keep my flour organized and ready when I need it.

I will be going out to the stores here shortly and will be concentrating on stocking up some today for the winter and hard times.  My job has not been very stable here lately with some inner office issues that may mean losing my job or changing positions in the store that don't give as many hours.  I hope it all resolves itself but there are no guarantee's and finding another job right away may not be possible.  So keeping that in mind and knowing we may go back to just dh's salary I am preparing for the future by stocking up on frugal food items to keep us all fed frugally and healthy.

Today's stock up will be dog food for my girls.  Peanut Butter and spaghetti items.  I have the flour which I can use for making bread, cookies and homemade noodles for chicken and noodles this winter.  I'm also still working on organizing my basement storage.  If it isn't being used, it is getting tossed or put away for yard sale season next year.

I will also be buying more sugar when I go back to work tomorrow and thinking about buying frozen fruit (have a coupon) to make freezer jam.  Now that winter is coming I am less leery about storing items in the freezer and having a power failure that might mean loosing some of that food.

A friend posted this link to another site yesterday and if this prediction is true (lets hope not) I want to be ready.  I have been getting my truck worked on for winter readiness frugal is my having my friend Dallas do the work instead of hiring a expensive repair shop (thank you Dallas).

http://empirenews.net/meteorologists-predict-record-shattering-snowfalls-coming-soon-bread-milk-prices-expected-to-soar/#.VBENHn4bxAw.facebook


Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment