Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Dog Biscuits

Today I made Pumpkin dog biscuits using rice flour, canned pumpkin and eggs.  Not the most frugal but a little cheaper than buying it at the stores.  One of my dogs is allergic to corn and I have to buy fairly high priced Made In The USA biscuits $7.99 at Petco.  This recipe said it would make 75 biscuits but I only got 59 out of it.  I used a pizza wheel to cut them, maybe could have made them smaller but still 59 is at least cpl. weeks worth for my girls.  I'll allow to air dry at least 24 hours before putting them in a container.  I have made biscuits before and they got moisture in the container and molded.  I'll be watching that very carefully and may have to either freeze them or use the moisture packets I bought.

Price on this will go down in the fall when Pumpkin goes on sale.  I also thought about using fresh sweet potatoes cooked, mashed and added that would be cheaper too.

The main thing is the rice flour is a better healthier choice for my dog with allergies.

I may even think later about making homemade dog food adapting this recipe a little with meat pureed in it and vegetables and freezing it.  I would have to check with my Vet and perhaps get a vitamin supplement.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment